Dani of DIY Fatshion tagged me in the infamous "11 Things" post. Since 11 is my favorite number, I definitely can't pass up the opportunity to fill it out. Without further ado, here it is.
There are five rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Things About Yours Truly:
1. As a kid, I got many perms. My hair wouldn't hold any curl though. Then, miraculously around the age of 16, my hair became curly all on it's own. So if you've ever wondered, my curly hair is completely naturual!
2. I've never been on a roller coaster.
3. I roll my eyes when people tell me, "Hey, remember that ___" and the blank is filled with a movie, tv show, or game. In which I reply, "Yes, I still have it and watch/play it.". I'm very nostalgic and rather than leave things in the past and remember how much I used to love them, I would rather have those things with me. And so I do. (special shout out to thrift stores everywhere, for feeding my love of old junk)
4. When I was younger, I had a friend who loved ghost stuff and really got me hooked on it. I'm positive I have had encounters with the supernatural. I know people are either way with this stuff, they either believe it or totally don't. I'm the friend you can tell those crazy-bump-in-the-night stories to and would think it's totally awesome.
5. I've never had a real job. I had a paper route for many years and have been a babysitter since I was 10. I was the kid who was always more concerned and cared for people my age, rather than let loose and hang out with them. Babysitting was just a very naturual fit. I remember being very upset at age 9 that I wasn't old enough to babysit. By my 10th birthday, my mom finally gave in and let me do it. And the rest is history...
6. My collections over the years have included Mickey & Minnie Mouse, ladybugs, owls, old cameras, vintage magazines (so I can do this), bunnies, and buttons.
7. My favorite weather is rain. I was probably a duck in a former life.
8. I'm really funny in real life. Like, comedy is one of my favorite art forms. It took me years to master telling a joke while keeping a straight face, but it's totally worth it. I'm funny even when the moment is wrong. For example, when I'm sick - from simple colds to throwing up - I'm just constantly firing off jokes. My mom doesn't understand how I do it (or why!). It's probably that whole thing about the funniest people draw from their pain.
9. Getting old doesn't scare me. I guess I have a lot of older people in my life and I see just how awesome they are, and I know they are that way because of time. I have friends who are, like, 17 and afraid of their age. I just don't get that at all.
10. More 11 fun! My shoe size is an 11, and my feet are different sizes. But it's not really something you would notice.When I wear open toed shoes, one toe always peeks out a little further. It's precious. lol
11. I do not have a favorite flower. Just whatever looks pretty to me will do!
1. Are you a morning person or a night-owl? Night owl!
2. What's your favorite place you've traveled to? I spent a couple summers in the UP of Michigan, camping out by Lake Michigan. It was amazing and I would go there again in a heartbeat.
3. What language/s can you speak? What language/s do you wish you spoke? I speak English, I have taken summer school classes to learn sign language, and I know some French. I wish I could speak French better. It's such a pretty language.
4. What is the meaning behind your blog's name/title? It means everything! haha No, no, but seriously. It has dual meanings. An Old Story as in my clothes that come second hand, and I tell stories from my life on it, thus making it a giant blog full of my old stories.
5. What is your favorite tv show? I can't pick just one. At the moment I am obsessed with RuPaul's Drag Race, but I go through my phases. Sometimes I really like reality and sometimes I really like comedies.
6. Tell me about your secret talent. I have many. One of them is being able to cross my eyes in different directions! There are YouTube videos of it, of course. It's the most popular video I have ever made!
7. Where is your favorite place to get clothes at? Shoes? Makeup? Clothes from thrift store are a must. Shoes, I like buying from Payless, they know their stuff. And make-up? My sister gives me the best second hand things! lol (I don't usually shop for make-up.. it's not my area of expertise)
8. What are 5 things in your closet that you can't live without? My blue and white striped sweater, my skinny jeans, my leopard print flats, my key necklace, annnnd my big brown belt. Those are staples right there!
9. Biggest self-confidence booster? A good hair day! You know it's true for you, too. ;)
10. How old will you be on your next birthday? Any present you're hoping for? I'm going to cheat on this question since I JUST had my birthday. Turning 21. And I wish the most for a new camera lens.
11. Something you wish you could tell your 13-year-old self. Boys are stupid.
I'm going to leave this open for anyone and stick with Dani's great questions. :)